LifeBid’s founders are life insurance specialists with decades of industry experience.
We are strong advocates for everything advisers and the wider life insurance sector does to help and protect our communities and economy.
Working with all industry stakeholders, LifeBid is building an industry standard, open architecture, 100% digital life insurance platform, to make sure:
- Good quality life insurance advice and products are accessible and affordable for consumers.
- Advisers can run their businesses and help as many clients as possible, both profitably and without the hassles of red tape and compliance risks.
- Insurers and reinsurers can sustainably grow, innovate and scale their distribution and retention capability in Australia and other markets.
LifeBid’s team have been building technology for over 9 years, including for some large ASX listed companies.
Brett founded LifeBid out of the pure need to fix the issues causing advisers, consumers and life insurers to become overrun by soaring costs, crippling complexity and ever-increasing risks. Brett has 15 years industry experience across advice, technology and advocacy, he also chairs LifeBid’s Board of Advice and is proud to be leading the development of LifeBid’s industry technology solutions.
Head of Platform & Development
Daniel brings to LifeBid more than 10 years of experience leading the production of many successful software applications and platforms. He is passionate about designing simple solutions to complex problems and leads LifeBid’s team of engineers, tech stack, integration strategies and technology vision.
Lead UI/UX Designer
Alex is responsible for LifeBid’s user experience and interface design. He works closely with the entire LifeBid team, to design user-centric solutions that are elegant, efficient, fit for purpose and simply make sense.
Finance & Project Management
Cassandra is a qualified chartered accountant with 10 years experience across finance and project management. Cassandra is also skilled in other areas such as user support, operations, user acceptance testing and management, which sees her adding value to all areas of LifeBid’s day to day operations.
Strategy Adviser & Director
Strategy Adviser & Investor
Richard is a private equity professional specialising in tech and telecoms. He has previously chaired the European Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (EVCA) and served 17 years at the leading global private equity advisory firm Apax Partners, where he ultimately led their tech and telecom practice worldwide and was a member of the Investment Committee. As a shareholder, Richard works closely with the LifeBid team.
Board of Advice
Financial Advice Association Australia (FAAA) – Director
Reinsurance Expert and Insurtech Leader
Insurtech Leader and Advisor
Chief Distribution Officer
TAL – Executive General Manager, Individual Life
John de Zwart
NEOS Life – Managing Director
MLC Life Insurance – General Manager, Retail Distribution Partnerships
PPS Mutual – Chief Financial Officer
Austbrokers Life – Managing Director
Fortnum & Personal Financial Services – Executive General Manager, Advice
Centrepoint Alliance – Group Executive, Advice
Fortnum Private Wealth – Group CEO & Managing Director
Synchron – Ex-Chair
MBS Insurance – Managing Partner
Invest Blue – Head of Strategic Partnerships and Business Development
Cyber Security Leader & Advisor
Our founders are experienced life insurance advisers, plus they have over 9 years of successful technology development experience. Like the rest of the sector, we are immensely frustrated by how complex and expensive it has become for consumers to access good quality advice and cover, and how hard, unprofitable and risky it has become for advisers, licensees and insurers to help everyday Australian’s.
One end-to-end technology solution that connects all industry stakeholders, enabling advice providers and insurers to seamlessly engage, educate, advise and manage their client’s life insurance needs.
- Reduce the cost to provide life insurance advice by up to 90%, to ensure advised life insurance is affordable and accessible for all Australians.
- 10x adviser and insurer capacity, to bring back growth, jobs, new entrants and ensure the industry has a solid foundation for the future.
- Simplify renewals and reviews down to a few clicks, to reconfirm the value, need and affordability of cover, including effortless management of changing client needs.
- Highly automated compliance and below the line tasks, to remove complexity and cost for consumers, advice providers and insurers; whilst also ensuring life insurance advice and distribution is compliantly scalable and meets the highest quality standards.
Stay in the know.
Register your interest and stay up to date with LifeBid news and announcements.